The Maine locals have a strong desire to get outdoors and experience all this great state has to offer. We love our seasons and have a whole host of events and things to do for each one. Greater Portland Maine fall festivals are definitely worth the visit, who doesn’t love a fall festival?
Below is a short list of my favorites:
1) Cumberland County Fair – Sept 27 – October 3, 2015 (9am-9pm) – 197 Blanchard Road, Cumberland – 207.829.5531 – This event features exhibit halls, Livestock, and animal pulling. Admission for kids under 12 is FREE, Adults 13 and older $13.00 daily, and Seniors $3.00 Tuesday and Thursday only. www.CumberlandFair.com
2) Freeport Fall Festival – October 3 & 4, 2015 – 95 Main St., Freeport (LL Bean Campus) – 207.865.1212 – Featuring some of the areas top artists and musicians along with a chowdah challenge! www.FreeportFallFestival.com
3) York beach Harvestfest and Kidsfest – October 17, 2015 York Beach (9am-4pm, rain or shine) – 207.363.4422 – Features almost 150 food vendors and market crafters from all over New England.
4) Ogunquitefest – October 23-25, 2015 – 207.646.2939 – Features more Halloween themed events and activities, lot’s of fun! Oqunquit is beautiful, take a stroll on the river walk if you can.
5) Harvest on The Harbor – October 21-25, 2015 – This event takes place eon the water but refer to the website www.HarvestOnTheHarbor.com for event schedule and exact locations. This is a must attend event, Portland is known as a food destination. Please note, you must be 21 or older and tickets can be purchased directly on the website.