The initial consultation with a first time home buyer is the most important part of the process. A needs assessment not only helps me understand your needs, but it also helps you get focused. Take a minute, close your eyes, and imagine yourself alone, with only the online world to figure out the real estate purchase process. Scary right? The internet has SOOOOO much information. I’m here to save you time and filter out the madness. I’ll bring my listening skills and you bring your questions!
Below I will detail the elements of a successful first time home buyer consultation so you can begin with some structure and proper guidance.
- The first thing we need to do is discuss your financing options. It is important to know what you can spend, so you don’t waste time looking at homes that don’t fit your budget. I don’t recommend getting your emotions entangled.
- Let’s talk expectations and get them out of the way. I need to know what you are expecting from me and for your money. I’ll tell you if you tell me. Why should you enter into an Exclusive Buyer Agent Agreement? I’ll detail the reasons and benefits.
- How will buying a property enhance your lifestyle?
- Discuss all the forms we are required to use and some you might see in a transaction. Nobody likes to deal with different forms during crunch time.
- Discuss the overall process. When it comes time to place your first offer you will already be a pro!
- Put together a reverse CMA (Comparative Market Analysis). We do this when listing a property for sale, only in reverse. The CMA will be based on your parameters for a home. I will study properties that meet your criteria and recently sold. This helps me determine price, time on the market, and the percentage of the list price that buyers paid. The best part? You will understand the current market conditions better and can decide if they work for you.
Now the fun begins, happy home buyer! We can start looking for homes that are within your reach.