Questions Every Home Seller Should Ask Their Agent When Selling A Home In Portland Maine
2) How they plan to market your property outside the Greater Portland Maine MLS. Get a clear understanding before you sign and hold them to it. There is so much more to marketing a property then just putting it on the local MLS.
3) Ask them about their track record and success rate. How many homes have they help buy and sell in their career. Read past client testimonials to get a sense of how they work, look for a common thread. Avoid testimonials from their friends or colleagues, you want real client testimonials.
4) Find out what taxes and fees paid by the seller, including the commission.
5) Be very clear on what you are signing. Make sure the agent goes through the contract slowly and explains each section so you have a clear understanding. Ask them about the process of terminating the contract, any repercussions? If so what are they?
6) How often they work with buyers. An agent that works with buyers understands how the buyers think. This can help you the seller with getting the home ready to list. Have a pre-listing inspection done is another option but keep in mind one inspector may not raise a red flag on an issue another may.
7) Is this their full time job or are they doing it part-time. Part-time efforts get part time results.
8) How well they know the local market, trends, etc. As a seller you want to know how long they feel it will take to sell your home and what you should expect from the market. It is so very important for your agent to set this expectation up front.
Christopher Pagli – 914.406.9023 – MyMaineAgent@gmail.com