Winter Festival Southern Maine 2016
Winter festival is a big part of cold weather culture here in Maine. Despite what others may think, Mainers don’t hibernate for the winter. Instead, they take advantage of all this great state has to offer. Whether it’s snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, or snowmobiling, you’ll see us out in full force. The Winter festival season has already begun in Northern Maine and about to kick-off in the southern part. Below is a list of the most noteworthy for your enjoyment.
- Winter Kids Winter Festival – www.WinterKids.org – January 23 at Payson Park from 12:30-2:30. Enjoy snowshoeing, ice skating, sledding, and much more!
- Winterfest – January 29th & 30th at the Wainwright Recreation Complex – Click here for the full schedule of events.
- Biddeford Winterfest – February 12th 6pm – 14th 6pm – Various locations in downtown Biddeford. Click here for the full schedule of events
- Kennebunk Winterfest – Saturday February 6th – Various locations in downtown Kennebunk. Click here for the schedule of events.
- Maine Lakes Winter Carnival – February 20th – Bridgeton. Enjoy ice-fishing, horse-drawn carriage rides, dog sledding, and much more! Click here for the full schedule of events.
- Old Orchard Beach Winter Carnival – February 18th – 20th – Old Orchard St. – Old Orchard Beach in the winter is a far from what you see during the summer months. Watch as they transform the main strip into a winter wonderland. Click here for the full schedule of events.
- Scarborough Winterfest – February 13th (make-up date 14th) – 1pm-5:30pm – Municipal Ice Rink & Wentworth Field – Click here for the full schedule of events.
- Winter Carnival At Gilsland Farm – Saturday February 16th from 10am-2pm – Gilsland Farm in Falmouth. Click here for the full schedule of events.
All of these festivals are weather permitting and may be subject to change. Check the websites for any updates or changes. Get outdoors and enjoy yourself, spring is right around the corner.